Hiraoka Gakuen

Hiraoka Gakuen (Hiraoka Culinary & Confectionery School, Hiraoka Nutritionist School, Hiraoka Care Worker School) is a vocational college in Ogori City, Fukuoka Prefecture, for training cooks, confectionery hygiene masters, nutritionists, and care workers.

Hiraoka Gakuen is one of the most well-equipped vocational colleges in Japan, where you will acquire professional knowledge and skills required for cooks, confectionery hygiene masters, nutritionists, and care workers.

Demands for foreign students are increasing year by year in Japan. Please feel free to contact us by phone or email for any inquiries.

TEL:+81 (0) 942-72-0002
E-mail: info@hiraoka.ac.jp

Courses Duration
Standard Culinary Course 1 year
Advanced Culinary Course 2 years
Standard Confectionery Hygiene Master Course 1 year
Advanced Confectionery Hygiene Master Course 2 years
Nutritionist Course 2 years
Care Worker Course 2 years

A scholarship is available for the Care Worker Course. Details will be explained at the open campus.

Qualifications for application* Applicants must meet all the qualifications shown in (1) – (4) below:


Those who have a citizenship other than Japanese and have reached the age of 18 by March 31, 2021.


Those who have completed at least 12 years of formal school education in a foreign country or in Japan, or who hold the Certificate for Students Achieving the Proficiency Level of Upper Secondary School Graduates or a qualifying certificate for university admission. Or those who have completed a school in a foreign country which is equivalent to a high school in Japan and an introductory course specified separately by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.


Those who satisfy at least one of the following five conditions with the ability to sufficiently understand the Japanese language to pursue a course of study at a vocational college: 1. Those who have studied the Japanese language for at least six months in a certified course at one of the Japanese language institutions designated by the Ministry of Justice in a public notice. * 2. Those who have passed N2 or the 2nd grade of the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT). 3. Those who have achieved 200 or more points in the test for Japanese as a Foreign Language at Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) (the total points of listening comprehension, listening-reading comprehension, and reading comprehension must be 200 or above). 4. Those who have achieved 400 or more points on the BJT Business Japanese Proficiency Test. 5. Those who have studied for at least one year at one of the schools in Japan (except for kindergartens) prescribed in Article 1 of the Japan School Education Act.


Those with sufficient finances to pay school tuition and living expenses while studying in college.

Test of Japanese Language Ability

Foreign applicants (regardless of their status of residence) will be required to have a test of Japanese language ability at the interview.